• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife Slips and falls.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hotnicklez

What is the name of your state? NC

My wife and I were at a huge toy store in my area for my son's birthday (June 28, 2007 6pm) when she left the store floor area to go to the restroom with my daughter and another child that she babysits. Upon arriving to the restroom area the child my wife held by the hands began to slip on the floor as well as my wife also, my wife tried to compose herself and keep the child from falling as well as trying to keep herself up, but she wind up falling in a split sort of way as well as on her back afterwards, which resulted in her twisting her ankle really bad and falling onto her back. she was doubled over in pain on the floor and had to be assisted to a chair. The store manager was summons to the area and upon inspection by him and myself we noticed a waxy buildup on the floor to what appeared to have been a overly waxed floor, which had no signed as well as the manager said that no one had waxed the floor that morning, if it would have been waxed it would have been at night. The manager took an accident report as well as we summons an ambulance to the scene because my wife could not walk at all. The manager stated that we would be contacted by the risk management group the following day. Mean while at hospital my wife was given xrays and determined that there was heavy brusing in foot and back. Fast Forward to a month later my wife still waiting on word from store, was still not able to walk on foot returned to the emergency to make sure nothing was broke and was given a diagnosis on the foot as Planter Fasciliates in which the tendons on the bottom of the foot was extremely strained and some was even torn. Still no word from store, everytime she calls HQ they always say let me pull your file and get back with you. What do we do, seem as though they are still continuing negliance.

justalayman

upon inspection by him and myself we noticed a waxy buildup on the floor to what appeared to have been a overly waxed floor
a waxy build up?

would you mind explaining that a bit? You do not claim the wax was wet, merely the floor was attacked by an overly zealous janitor and he waxed the dickens out of it.

So, how did this contribute to the fall. A store is not responsible for people that cannot pick up their feet (referring to the child so don;t get too upset)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">