• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workman's Comp Lien and Wrongful Death judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angieshue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO. I am needing to check and see how this works. My daughter's father was killed in a tractor trailer accident a few years ago, and she has been receiving WC Survivor benefits since then. My former mother in law filed a wrongful death case, was granted a judgement for herself and my daughter, and now her attorney has stated that the WC have a lien against any money they have paid out, will my daughter still receive WC benefits NOW, because the judgment cannot be accessed until she is of age, at least 18. Thanks for any help.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MO. I am needing to check and see how this works. My daughter's father was killed in a tractor trailer accident a few years ago, and she has been receiving WC Survivor benefits since then. My former mother in law filed a wrongful death case, was granted a judgement for herself and my daughter, and now her attorney has stated that the WC have a lien against any money they have paid out, will my daughter still receive WC benefits NOW, because the judgment cannot be accessed until she is of age, at least 18. Thanks for any help.
**A: why are you not talking to the attorney about this?

angieshue

I did talk to them, but their answers weren't very clear, as they are still in discussion with the WC people. The lawyer told me that WC had a lien against any judgment, but I still don't know if WC benefits will continue, I thought there might be someone who could tell me if they would still send my daughter a check, even if it were a smaller amount, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">