• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

illuminated

Hello, in December 2009 my brother (taxi driver) was shot and died on the way to the hospital. The shooters were caught. However when my brother was shot, he managed to send a message ( i have been shot) to the taxi company dispatcher. The dispatcher knowing my brother's location neglected to contact 911, and instead called on other taxi drivers in the neighborhood to go to the location. A driver arrived and when he saw my brother passed out at the wheel, called 911. Do I have any rights to sue the taxi company for negligence ?

You Are Guilty

Hello, in December 2009 my brother (taxi driver) was shot and died on the way to the hospital. The shooters were caught. However when my brother was shot, he managed to send a message ( i have been shot) to the taxi company dispatcher. The dispatcher knowing my brother's location neglected to contact 911, and instead called on other taxi drivers in the neighborhood to go to the location. A driver arrived and when he saw my brother passed out at the wheel, called 911. Do I have any rights to sue the taxi company for negligence ?
Extremely unlikely, but just to be certain - what state?

(Incidentally, the person who is liable here, and against whom you absolutely do have a right to sue, is the shooter).

illuminated

New Orleans.Louisianna
Thank you for the response, but how can i sue the thugs??? they look homeless and are simply thugs who do not even have a dime to their name.

Dave1952

Sorry to hear of your loss. I think you will want to ask this question of a local lawyer. Look in the phone book for some general, civil lawyers who gives free initial consults. From your post I'm not sure you have standing to sue anybody. I'm sure that this is a great emotional loss but what were your real, monetary losses?

Good luck

illuminated

Thank you...I just want to punish the taxi company the idiot who would not take my brother's call serious enough to call 911.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">