• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

$250 daily fee on house in FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KathleenPlano

What is the name of your state? I live in Texas but the property in question is in Florida

I received a ceritified letter today from the city where the Florida house is stating that
since the repairs they had been requesting be done were not completed they are now
charging me $250 a day. I own that house with my ex-husband 50/50 but all our liquid assets are still in his name. I do not have 250 dollars in my own name but the letter was addressed and sent to me. What do I do now?

Kathleen

FlyingRon

I would get someone in to fix up the deficiencies in the property so the fines stop. You can then settle up responsibility for what that costs and the fines with your ex

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">