• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

26 of yrs of taxes on undeeded property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kuma77

i'm in pa and i need some help fast. my mom has been paying taxes on 6 acres of land for 26 years or more. the deed to the property is only written for .6 of an acre. what's the easiest quickest way for us to get the other acreage put in her name.:confused:

HomeGuru

kuma77 said:
i'm in pa and i need some help fast. my mom has been paying taxes on 6 acres of land for 26 years or more. the deed to the property is only written for .6 of an acre. what's the easiest quickest way for us to get the other acreage put in her name.:confused:
**A: get the land owner to deed the property to your Mom for free or for just compensation.

K

kuma77

is there any other way. the land owner is a rich guy who'll just look at it as our lose and his gain.

HomeGuru

kuma77 said:
is there any other way. the land owner is a rich guy who'll just look at it as our lose and his gain.
**A; you asked for the easiest and quickest way.
Now if you are interested in another way, she may possibly qualify for an adverse possession claim.
The PA law must be looked at in detail as there are various qualifications such as notorious use. Just paying property taxes does not give one landowner the automatic right to "take" the property from another land owner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">