• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 day eviction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tamara1

I live in a mobile home park in California. I called my manager on 8/1 and said that I would be late with the rent (due 8/1). On 8/9 I found a letter placed on the back steps of my home, from management dated 8/7 - "Three (3) day notice to pay rent or quit & sixty (60) day notice to terminate possession.

I called the office and said that the notice was dated 8/7 but I did not receive it until 8/9. They said, "as you called us it is okay and we won't be processing it." I told them that I would be paying the rent on Friday (8/11).

My concern is that as the note was dated 8/7 and I will not pay them until 8/11, they may decide to go ahead with the 60 days to quit. I have been very vocal in the past about protecting my rights with them, and I feel that they now see the opportunity to get rid of me, and are taking it.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

------------------
Tamara

P

peter

When you pay your rent IN PERSON, have another letter ready for them to sign stating the rent is current and no action will be taken against you.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tamara1:
I live in a mobile home park in California. I called my manager on 8/1 and said that I would be late with the rent (due 8/1). On 8/9 I found a letter placed on the back steps of my home, from management dated 8/7 - "Three (3) day notice to pay rent or quit & sixty (60) day notice to terminate possession.

I called the office and said that the notice was dated 8/7 but I did not receive it until 8/9. They said, "as you called us it is okay and we won't be processing it." I told them that I would be paying the rent on Friday (8/11).

My concern is that as the note was dated 8/7 and I will not pay them until 8/11, they may decide to go ahead with the 60 days to quit. I have been very vocal in the past about protecting my rights with them, and I feel that they now see the opportunity to get rid of me, and are taking it.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

P

peter

And if they refuse to sign the letter..you of course present the letter first before you pay the rent,,

Well tell them the rent will be used to hire lawyer. and leave!

Then you have 60 days to move.
====================================

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">