• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandoment Of Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Deputy_Dawg

We live in Louisiana, and have found a piece of property that we are really interested in. I tried seaching for the owner, and found out from a neighbor that she was now a nursing home resident, with severe Alheimer's. We also went down to the tax assessors office to see if taxes were up to date, and they are. The tax office could or would not tell us who was paying the taxes, and if they were current. Also at the nursing home, the staff stated that this patient has not had a visitor in over a year, and she believe's they all live in Texas, somewhere. What is my chances of acquiring this property? And how would I go about it?

HomeGuru

Deputy_Dawg said:
We live in Louisiana, and have found a piece of property that we are really interested in. I tried seaching for the owner, and found out from a neighbor that she was now a nursing home resident, with severe Alheimer's. We also went down to the tax assessors office to see if taxes were up to date, and they are. The tax office could or would not tell us who was paying the taxes, and if they were current. Also at the nursing home, the staff stated that this patient has not had a visitor in over a year, and she believe's they all live in Texas, somewhere. What is my chances of acquiring this property? And how would I go about it?
My response: what is the story on the taxes?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">