• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abandoned/foreclosed home?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mandr

What is the name of your state? Haralson County, GA.
Here's the deal! The dbl wide mobile home, and the land it is on, have 2 differnt mortgage companies. They have foreclosed on the dbl wide, they did the "Lock out" over 30 cal. days ago. #1 Do we have the right to file for "abandonment" on the dbl wide? #2 Don't they have to remove the dbl wide from the land in order to auction it? #3 How do we get this mortgage company to listen? We are at our wits end with them. We want to sell the land and move to FL. #4 Can we file bankrupcy and still buy a house in FL? #5 If the mortgages are only in my husbands name, will they come after me also? Please help!?!?!?!?!?!?

HomeGuru

mandr said:
What is the name of your state? Haralson County, GA.
Here's the deal! The dbl wide mobile home, and the land it is on, have 2 differnt mortgage companies. They have foreclosed on the dbl wide, they did the "Lock out" over 30 cal. days ago. #1 Do we have the right to file for "abandonment" on the dbl wide?

**A: Consult with the foreclosure Trustee.

#2 Don't they have to remove the dbl wide from the land in order to auction it?
**A: no.

#3 How do we get this mortgage company to listen?

**A: show them the money.

We are at our wits end with them. We want to sell the land and move to FL. #4 Can we file bankrupcy and still buy a house in FL?

**A: yes, if you win the lottery and pay all cash.
Do you know any mortgage lender that will lend to bankrupt people?
If you file BK, you must wait 1-2 years after discharge to even qualify.
some lenders have a 1 day out of BK program, but you must have a decent credit score etc.

#5 If the mortgages are only in my husbands name, will they come after me also? Please help!?!?!?!?!?!?
**A: they shold not because you are not on the mortgage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">