• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

abandonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dave2006

What is the name of your state? PA

A ex-girlfriend an I had purchased a home.She has since left the property.It has been 8 months that I have maintained the property and paid the mortgage and all other bills.By her leaving is this considered abandonment?And if so what are my legal rights to obtain the property without her having any rights to it.

HomeGuru

dave2006 said:
What is the name of your state? PA

A ex-girlfriend an I had purchased a home.She has since left the property.It has been 8 months that I have maintained the property and paid the mortgage and all other bills.By her leaving is this considered abandonment?And if so what are my legal rights to obtain the property without her having any rights to it.

**A: yes, it is considered abandonment, she left you did she not?
Now is she on title to the property?

dave2006

HomeGuru said:
**A: then you have no rights to the whole property unless she agrees to give you her share or you buy her out.
If she doesnt accept a buy out offer and we decide to sell the property.Can I make her pay me half the money for the months of the mortgage I had paid.Also can I make her pay any of the taxes that I have been paid on the property?

HomeGuru

dave2006 said:
If she doesnt accept a buy out offer and we decide to sell the property.Can I make her pay me half the money for the months of the mortgage I had paid.Also can I make her pay any of the taxes that I have been paid on the property?

**A: yes you can through direct settlement or via partition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">