• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Abstract of Judgement on Home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lauzston

Texas:

A title search found an abstract of judgment on the title of the home we are attempting to sale. Before we were married, my husband had a vehicle repossesed in 2002. I remeber the suit taking place in 2003 and a judgement was placed on his credit report. The title company documents an abstract of judgement placed in 2004 and June of 2008 by the same company, same case, under my husbands name and his ex wife's ( the vehicle was previously in he and his ex wife's name) on our home. Is this legally possible? Is his ex wife exscaping her responsibility in this matter? How can we remedy this before closing in ten days and are there statue of limitations or any legal stipulations to apply in this case? Anything to avoid us breaching the contract currently in progress for sale of our home? PLEASE HELP

HomeGuru

Texas:

A title search found an abstract of judgment on the title of the home we are attempting to sale. Before we were married, my husband had a vehicle repossesed in 2002. I remeber the suit taking place in 2003 and a judgement was placed on his credit report. The title company documents an abstract of judgement placed in 2004 and June of 2008 by the same company, same case, under my husbands name and his ex wife's ( the vehicle was previously in he and his ex wife's name) on our home. Is this legally possible? Is his ex wife exscaping her responsibility in this matter? How can we remedy this before closing in ten days and are there statue of limitations or any legal stipulations to apply in this case? Anything to avoid us breaching the contract currently in progress for sale of our home? PLEASE HELP
**A: yes, pay the judgement off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">