• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accepted better job/need to move?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dstrass

I have recently been offered a position with
a great company at two times the pay I am currently recieving. I will have been renting
this property for one year and one month when I need to transfer. My lease is for eighteen months. Can my landlord sue for the remainder
of the lease if I give him two months written
notice of my termination?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dstrass:
I have recently been offered a position with
a great company at two times the pay I am currently recieving. I will have been renting
this property for one year and one month when I need to transfer. My lease is for eighteen months. Can my landlord sue for the remainder
of the lease if I give him two months written
notice of my termination?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Help L find another T so that the property does not remain vacant. Put an ad in the newspaper and rental magazines and help show the place to prospective tenants etc. to reduce our liability.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">