• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

acreage wrong on deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coxcabin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
My brother and I inherited property from our parents 2 years ago, one is a lot beside a house we inherited. When we inherited the lot was 1.73 acres, this year it was changed to .28 acres, went through our papers, found the original deed dated 2004, general warranty with English covenant, a 2005 survey showing the property as we inherited, a 2007 survey showing it as .28 acres and other people owning a lot beside it, a letter from the lawyer that did the original deed telling our Father that they found a 1935 deed while doing the 2007 survey, then a deed of correction dated 2009 from the same law firm again showing the 1.73 acres. I called the surveyor and the lawyer and got no cooperation. The main problem is there was a driveway built to the house that comes across the property that they now say we don't own. I tried tracking down the owners to get an easement or even purchase the property and most of them are now deceased, is there an easy way to track them down? Do we have a lawsuit against the person who sold our parents the land, the lawyer/surveyor? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">