• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adding partner to deed of trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mercurygirl54

I live in California and purchased a home in Nov. 2001 and hold title as an "unmarried woman". I want to add my boyfriend to the deed of trust, preferably with joint tenancy, right of survivorship. There will be no exchange of monies. How do I go about doing this?

M

mercurygirl54

Yes...easy for the attorney. I was wondering was it also easy for me to generate documents and record with county myself.

HomeGuru

Be sure you really think about your options ans discuss same with your attorney. This website is filled with numerous posts with respect to joint tenancy whereby the parties split up and problems arose on how to divide the property. Also if you deed interest to your boyfriend in JT, if you get hit by a truck and die, he would become the sole owner of the property. Not a good idea, in my opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">