• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adding real estate to wills.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

azlynn

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?AZ

My husband and I recently completed our living wills with an atty. My question is since then, we've purchased land in our state. Do we need to seek an estate atty. to add this to our will?

Thank you,
Lynn

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

azlynn said:

My husband and recently completed our living wills with an atty. My question is since then, we've purchased land in our state. Do we need to seek an estate atty. to add this to our will?

Thank you,
Lynn
A living will does not control property.

HomeGuru

azlynn said:

My husband and recently completed our living wills with an atty. My question is since then, we've purchased land in our state. Do we need to seek an estate atty. to add this to our will?

Thank you,
Lynn

**A: yes, see an attorney.

azlynn

Adding Real Esate to wills.

Thanks for your help.

What we've completed is a Last Will and Testimony, Power of Atty., both health and general, and the living will. Sorry I didn't mention the others before.

seniorjudge

Your will (read it) should mention that all property, real, personal, or mixed should go somewhere in some amount and in some percentage.

But, y'all sound like you need to go to an attorney to ease your minds.

You are very confused about what you have.

azlynn

Adding Real Estate to our wills

I realize what's in the will, in regards to monetary division upon my children's becoming a certain age, but at the time it was prepared, because we lease our home, other than investments ($) we had no actual property to divide. That's why I wasn't sure the appropriate atty. to add these land deeds to the will.

Thanks,

Lynn

Last edited:

seniorjudge

In a properly drawn will, this stuff is "automatically" added.

However, since you have said you have had a lot of changes in your life, I cannot stress too much that you need to get a lawyer and update your estate planning.

azlynn

Adding Real Estate to a will.

Thanks everyone for your input. Our atty. has arranged for an appt. with one of the Real Estate atty. in their firm.

have a great weekend,

Lynn

azlynn

Adding Real Estate to a will.

seniorjudge said:
In a properly drawn will, this stuff is "automatically" added.

However, since you have said you have had a lot of changes in your life, I cannot stress too much that you need to get a lawyer and update your estate planning.
You were exactly right. The Real Estate Atty., confirmed that all assets, property included are automatically added.

Thanks everyone,
Lynn

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">