• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adding someone to the title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rbrachmann

I am about to close on a home with the mortgage in my name. I would like the title to be in both my name and my partners name. The title company will not do this, but told me that when I record the title, I can have him added. Is this correct in Florida?

HomeGuru

I do not understand your question since the title company can have the deed in both names prior to recordation provided the lender agrees.

R

rbrachmann

The title company does not want to record both names since I am the only one on the mortgage. The 2nd person to be added is unrelated to me. The title company insists that we both be on the mortgage. This is FHA financing, if that matters.

HomeGuru

If both of you are not going to be on the FHA loan, then do as the title company says. Once the loan is closed, title can be changed by adding the other person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">