• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adding wife to deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts.

I hope my question is simple. I am wondering how to ad my wife to my existing mortgage. Is it as simple as going to the Registry of Deeds? Do I have to notify the bank and will they require us to refinance?

Thank you

HomeGuru

jerry Lenihan said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts.

I hope my question is simple. I am wondering how to ad my wife to my existing mortgage. Is it as simple as going to the Registry of Deeds? Do I have to notify the bank and will they require us to refinance?

Thank you

**A: the subject of your post states adding wife to deed, yet your post inquires as to adding wife to your mortgage. What exactly do you want to do?

HomeGuru

jerry Lenihan said:
ISorry about the confusion, I am wondering about both. I would like her name on the deed as well as the mortgage.

Thanks

**A: these are 2 entirely different matters.
The deed can be changed so see an attorney. As for the mortgage issue, you need to contact your lender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">