• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adverse Possession

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cassianna

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I have a deed for adverse possession. Occupation of the property 53 years, live on it, pature cattle, upkeep, paid all taxes, property is enclosed by fence. My 1st cousin claims he is an heir to the property by a deed of our great-great grandmother in 1855. The deed has no discription. The 1st cousin came onto the property, stole the timbers from the property, and destroyed a portion of the land with a bulldozer.
I have found that my grandfathers nephew took adverse possession of the property in 1971 as his father inherited property from the 1855 deed but his deed was (lost). I have found other deeds of inheritance that were recorded and sold by his fathers brothers.
Since then (3) tracts of land have been sold by him and he left the rest of the property to his raised as his own daughter before his death in 1979.
I took adverse possession and the adverse possession deed from 1971 calls for my property decription but the raised daughter is unaware that she owns it.
Does the 1st cousin have a right to entry as the 1st adverse possession was taken more than 30 years ago without dispute? Does this go beyond the "Statute of Limitations" Law of Ky for recovery of real property?
Was the property be legally adverse possessed by the 1971 deed from his father whos deed was (lost) with evidence that the other brothers inherited specific property which since has been sold?
Can I adverse possess if the property owner was unaware that she in fact owns the property?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

cassianna said:
What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I have a deed for adverse possession. Occupation of the property 53 years, live on it, pature cattle, upkeep, paid all taxes, property is enclosed by fence. My 1st cousin claims he is an heir to the property by a deed of our great-great grandmother in 1855. The deed has no discription. The 1st cousin came onto the property, stole the timbers from the property, and destroyed a portion of the land with a bulldozer.
I have found that my grandfathers nephew took adverse possession of the property in 1971 as his father inherited property from the 1855 deed but his deed was (lost). I have found other deeds of inheritance that were recorded and sold by his fathers brothers.
Since then (3) tracts of land have been sold by him and he left the rest of the property to his raised as his own daughter before his death in 1979.
I took adverse possession and the adverse possession deed from 1971 calls for my property decription but the raised daughter is unaware that she owns it.
Does the 1st cousin have a right to entry as the 1st adverse possession was taken more than 30 years ago without dispute? Does this go beyond the "Statute of Limitations" Law of Ky for recovery of real property?
Was the property be legally adverse possessed by the 1971 deed from his father whos deed was (lost) with evidence that the other brothers inherited specific property which since has been sold?
Can I adverse possess if the property owner was unaware that she in fact owns the property?

**A: your post is too confusing and contains various complex issues. To respond would require a review of all title documents etc. Please hire an attorney to help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">