• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adverse possession or possession by perscription

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

charlie1

We live in Texas and have been using a small piece of land that has a small spring and building on top of it we have pumps in it to get water for the yard. This spot has not only been used by me but also by a 2 other neighbors that have passed away in the last couple of years. we have been using this for well over 20 years and my wifes mom and dad used it for about 10 years and the owner before them I know had been using it for 20 + years .When the wife and I started using it we went to the owners of the land and ask if it was ok to keep using and we were told yes,the land has since been sold at least 3 times and now the new owner wants us off of it. We have not paid any taxes on the spot but at one time did have a small fence around it and it was torn down and done away with ,is there any thing that protects us to keep use of the property. It is well open for anyone to see was used for yeras under an owner and for about 3 years under a second owner.We are not sure that there is a clear deed on the property as there have been several surveyors out on this and would talk people into signing boundry agreements and now out of the blus comes a clear survey. Sorry for this being so long

HomeGuru

You need to hire an attorney to check the title, surveys etc. to see if you even have a valid possession claim.

C

charlie1

adverse position

WOW why didn't I think of that just shows how much smarter some people are as I never thought of actually hiring an attorney,you mean to tell me you don't come an do this for me for free darn

HomeGuru

Re: adverse position

charlie1 said:
WOW why didn't I think of that just shows how much smarter some people are as I never thought of actually hiring an attorney,you mean to tell me you don't come an do this for me for free darn

HomeGuru response: Yup Charlie, it just shows to go you that some people are just smarter.
Like I now that en yer subject title, ya use the werd perscription. Dat's really confusin cuz my Grandpappy send me down to the drug convient stor to git some perscription medicashun. Jest a small bottl of Niagra. Grandma sez thos lil blue pills ar not fer sex but to keep em from rollin out of bed. And he's complainin cuz his Janyou arie Playboy magazeen neva did come even tho he's got a yer prescripshun.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">