• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice on dissolving HOA in FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tbull55

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My folks live in an older condo neighborhood with an HOA. The HOA has only one function, that is to have the grass mowed. the president and treasurer have had their duties for years and are tired of it. No one else wants to do it and everyone is in agreement that they would rather not have the HOA. A letter was recently sent out to all residents that if someone did not step up and fill the positions an attorney would take over and the HOA fees would go from $27.00 per month to $250.00 per month. This sounds to me like a scare tactic but sounds like if no one steps up everyone is in trouble. Most of the residents cannot afford this increase. I believe that the residents would like to dissolve the HOA and have their yards mowed on their own. How can this be done? Please help this amazing monthly increase is crazy.

Thank you, TBULL

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My folks live in an older condo neighborhood with an HOA. The HOA has only one function, that is to have the grass mowed. the president and treasurer have had their duties for years and are tired of it. No one else wants to do it and everyone is in agreement that they would rather not have the HOA. A letter was recently sent out to all residents that if someone did not step up and fill the positions an attorney would take over and the HOA fees would go from $27.00 per month to $250.00 per month. This sounds to me like a scare tactic but sounds like if no one steps up everyone is in trouble. Most of the residents cannot afford this increase. I believe that the residents would like to dissolve the HOA and have their yards mowed on their own. How can this be done? Please help this amazing monthly increase is crazy.

Thank you, TBULL

**A: a HOA cannot be dissolved since it is part of the CC&R's. The Board could simply pass a resolution to have owners mow their own yards.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">