• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Affidavit of Small Succession under $75,000

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PBL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana
State of Louisiana
My mother past away 2 months ago, there are five siblings, two of which lives on the same property as my mother. It is only 3-lots with small mobile home with additions added to it. We are trying to avoid a succession because of the expense. We are all interested in deeding the property to the two siblings that are living on the property. One sibling is living on lot 3, another is living on lot 1, and my mothers home is on lot 2. We have decided to try and change the deed into only two of the siblings names.
Will a affidavit of small succession allow us to change the name on property deed?
or
will it only let us add our names to the deed?
What are the steps for this procedure without involving an attorney? Help
All siblings have agreed to sign and have notarize affidavit of small succession under $75,000.
Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how would a person handle unsecured debts from a deceased parent, less than $2000.00. Does it have to be paid by heirs or is it dead debt?

Thanks
PBL
:rolleyes:
Have a great day!

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana
State of Louisiana
My mother past away 2 months ago, there are five siblings, two of which lives on the same property as my mother. It is only 3-lots with small mobile home with additions added to it. We are trying to avoid a succession because of the expense. We are all interested in deeding the property to the two siblings that are living on the property. One sibling is living on lot 3, another is living on lot 1, and my mothers home is on lot 2. We have decided to try and change the deed into only two of the siblings names.
Will a affidavit of small succession allow us to change the name on property deed?
or
will it only let us add our names to the deed?
What are the steps for this procedure without involving an attorney? Help
All siblings have agreed to sign and have notarize affidavit of small succession under $75,000.
Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Also, how would a person handle unsecured debts from a deceased parent, less than $2000.00. Does it have to be paid by heirs or is it dead debt?

Thanks
PBL
:rolleyes:
Have a great day!
Duplicate post. :cool:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/probate-personal-representatives-114/affidavit-small-succession-under-75-000-state-louisiana-600094.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">