• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After the sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wjk726

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

My wife and I recently bought our first home, one of the items that was included in the listing was 2 zone AC. This past Friday with the temp outside reaching 90 I went to turn the AC on. To my suprise no AC was found. When we were looking at the home with the agent she also assured us that the home indeed had AC. My question is not that a few months as pasted since we closed are there any legel action either agianst the agent the company or the former owners we can take.

Any information would be helpfull

Thanks

Will

[email protected]

HomeGuru

Wjk726 said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey

My wife and I recently bought our first home, one of the items that was included in the listing was 2 zone AC. This past Friday with the temp outside reaching 90 I went to turn the AC on. To my suprise no AC was found. When we were looking at the home with the agent she also assured us that the home indeed had AC. My question is not that a few months as pasted since we closed are there any legel action either agianst the agent the company or the former owners we can take.

Any information would be helpfull

Thanks

Will

[email protected]
**A: did you check your actual purchase contract to see if the ac was included? The listing is not a contract between the Buyer and Seller; it is only between listing broker and Seller. The listing can state free Mercedes with purchase, but if the mercedes is not written in the contract as included in the sale, tough luck.
When you did your final appliance check/walk-through before closing, why did you not check this out?
Did you hire a home inspector?
It appears that you had no real estate agent to represent you as the listing agent only represents the Seller.
I see many problems with the way you handled this transaction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">