• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

age discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I live in a condominium complex in California. On May 1st the Board of Directors changed the family pool to an Adults Only pool. The smaller lesser maintained pool was named the children's pool. I think that this age discrimination and is illegal (gov. code 12955). I have filed a complaint with the Department of Fair Housing and asked the Board nicely to reverse the discriminating policy. They have threatened me with retaliation. what should I do next? All three of my children got sick after swimming in a cloudy green pool this weekend.

Tim McIntyre

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:
I live in a condominium complex in California. On May 1st the Board of Directors changed the family pool to an Adults Only pool. The smaller lesser maintained pool was named the children's pool. I think that this age discrimination and is illegal (gov. code 12955). I have filed a complaint with the Department of Fair Housing and asked the Board nicely to reverse the discriminating policy. They have threatened me with retaliation. what should I do next? All three of my children got sick after swimming in a cloudy green pool this weekend.

Tim McIntyre

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Contact the Dept of Health or the State/County agency that inspects swimming pools and request an inspection of the pools and related equipment and completion of a water/chlorine PH balance test. The Board and the Association would be liable for retaliation against you based on your complaint as well as liability if the pool is unsafe and a health hazard. Send a certified letter to the Board:
1) as a follow up to your request in writing to have the pools changed back to their original nonrestricted age use.
2) documenting their retaliation threats against you
3) placing them on notice that your children got sick from swimming in the pool, color of the water, lack of maintenance etc.
Send a copy of the letter to the Association Management Company and the resident manager.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">