• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amendment to Bylaws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AZ Aviator

I live in Arizona where I am the President of the Board of Directors at an airpark. An airpark consists of homes constructed with taxiway access to an airport. Recently, I wrote several amendments to our bylaws, as instructed by the Membership. The changes were presented to the membership during a scheduled annual meeting following the required notification process. I presented rewritten articles of the bylaws with strikethrough text denoting text that would be eliminated, and italics text denoting added text. After the members approved the changes, I removed the deleted text, and changed the italicized text to the normal font. In other words, I inserted the approved changes and reprinted the bylaws with amendments.

Today, I discovered that a pevious amendment was done differently by my predecessors. The earlier amendments make reference to the changed sections which are simply attached to the end of the orginal bylaws. A person reading the bylaws must check the amendments, and compare them to the orignal text in order to derive their meaning.

My question is: Is the process I followed permissable, or must I redo my revisions, attaching them to the end - along with the others. If the process I followed is permissable, can I insert the earlier amendments appropriately, subject to approval of the Membership?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">