• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amortized Mortgage Balance?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bite-back

The mortgage on my home is scheduled to be paid soon. It was amortized but in looking at the note it says all due and payable on or before March 31, 2002. However, in calculating the current balance it appears that it will not be paid by that date. The note was amortized and there was no mention of any balloon payment and I have never missed a mortgage payment, so what will happen at the end of the note? It looks like about 3 payments will need to be paid after the note mature date, I will not be able to meet a balloon payment of that amount so will I be able to make my monthly payments until its paid, or can they just foreclose on me if I don't come up with the extra cash?

Is there anyway to stall foreclosure for the additional 3 mos?

Thanks for any help and advice.
Bite-back

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">