• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any answers will be appreciated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ccarter

Missouri

This is kind of a mess, and rather long so here goes.

LR owns a bar in small town, LR sells bar to LU, they have contract, typical contract for purchase of a business. LU makes her payments every month and is nearing pay off, when she has financial trouble and tries to "resell" bar to DH. DH then takes over payments, and they have a "contract" for DH to pay LU a sum every month, and also for DH to pay LR (original owner) a payment every month with the balance of entire note being due on said date. Date comes when balance is due, and DH does not, now LU says their "contract" is void. LU attempts to take back over possession of the bar, and DH has a temporary restraining order and injunction place against her so she is not able to get back into the business and operate. Now LR is aware of all that is going on, but is pretty much staying out of the whole mess. Finally yet a 4th party, an LLC comes in and pays off bar and takes ownership. Problem is..LLC owner, or organizer is LU's daughter. Stated in restraining order against LU is that none of her agents, employees, blah blah can interfere with the business. Now daughter has purchased business, not for mother, for herself and plans on operating business. DH has a padlock on building, and LLC has sent several notices telling DH the business has been purchased and he is to leave, he was given 30 days and we have yet to get a response. My question is this: is the LLC breaking the law by going ahead and forcibly removing his lock and taking over premises? I know I have probably left some vital details out, so please ask, I really need some idea of what the law is on this second, third, fourth, selling deal.
PS.....LR did sign warranty deed selling property to said LLC.

HomeGuru

ccarter said:
Missouri

This is kind of a mess, and rather long so here goes.

LR owns a bar in small town, LR sells bar to LU, they have contract, typical contract for purchase of a business. LU makes her payments every month and is nearing pay off, when she has financial trouble and tries to "resell" bar to DH. DH then takes over payments, and they have a "contract" for DH to pay LU a sum every month, and also for DH to pay LR (original owner) a payment every month with the balance of entire note being due on said date. Date comes when balance is due, and DH does not, now LU says their "contract" is void. LU attempts to take back over possession of the bar, and DH has a temporary restraining order and injunction place against her so she is not able to get back into the business and operate. Now LR is aware of all that is going on, but is pretty much staying out of the whole mess. Finally yet a 4th party, an LLC comes in and pays off bar and takes ownership. Problem is..LLC owner, or organizer is LU's daughter. Stated in restraining order against LU is that none of her agents, employees, blah blah can interfere with the business. Now daughter has purchased business, not for mother, for herself and plans on operating business. DH has a padlock on building, and LLC has sent several notices telling DH the business has been purchased and he is to leave, he was given 30 days and we have yet to get a response. My question is this: is the LLC breaking the law by going ahead and forcibly removing his lock and taking over premises? I know I have probably left some vital details out, so please ask, I really need some idea of what the law is on this second, third, fourth, selling deal.
PS.....LR did sign warranty deed selling property to said LLC.
**A: LR+LU+DH+LLC=BS. Read your last sentence. LLC has ownership of the property and has a right as owner to evict in accordance with State law.
As there is more to this story than that which is written and the fact that the issues are numerous and complicated, legal counsel is most needed.

ccarter

HOMEGURU:

Thanks for your answer. I know it seems it should be as simple as that....and I wish it was. I know I own, or I should say the LLC owns the property....but somehow this DH has managed to get the required license needed to operate.

One more quick question, and I know this is a mess, but let's take LR and LU out....because they really are out of it, say DH has a padlock on the building.....I have sent him two notices to vacate, and tried to reach him by phone. Can I legally go and remove his padlock from my building? He did in fact have a contract with LU, but since LU is no longer involved, wouldn't his only recourse be to sue LU?

E

Elvis

HG -
Brilliant advice - seek counsel!

How many times do you recommend this? Don't you think people post on this forum so they WON"T have to get an attorney. Perhaps if you didn't try to singlehandelly share you limited knowledge by responding to every post - someone with an answer besides - seek counsel would reply.

Here's some advice -s

JETX

Elvis, I see that you didn't even offer advice..... just more of your juvenile pissing and moaning. You are the weakest link, goodbye!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">