• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appraisal is missing information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stajen

My wife and I refinanced a home in GA a few months back and just recently received a copy of the appraisal. This is our first time seeing it and we noticed that some information is missing on it (Like an entire room of the house. I assume it was covered in the entire square ftg. but just not the description). You see, we were only told the amount it appraised for before we closed on the loan and were told we would receive a copy after closing on the loan. This lower than expected appraisal amount caused us to get a second mtg. in addition to the primary mtg. Needless to say after seeing the appraisal with incomplete information on it, we are kind of upset. Is there anything to be done at this point??

HomeGuru

Contact the appraiser and send written request to explain the appraisal report. If in fact an error had been made, request a new appraisal at no charge. If the area in question has no building permit, the appraiser cannot count the area for valuation purposes because the improvement is not legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">