• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

aquiring real estate with no deed on record .

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mr.wilson

I am wondering what steps I need to take in aquiring a piece of property that has no deed on record ? Also if someone owns acreage but is only paying taxes on half (ie owns 10 acres but pays for 5 ) is there any way of obtaining the half that has not been paid for ?

HomeGuru

mr.wilson said:
I am wondering what steps I need to take in aquiring a piece of property that has no deed on record ?

**A: normally a title report is completed and from that the owner's name is on record. Also check the real property tax office.
Then an offer is made to the owner or agent.

Also if someone owns acreage but is only paying taxes on half (ie owns 10 acres but pays for 5 ) is there any way of obtaining the half that has not been paid for ?
**A: Consult the real property tax office in the area in which the property is located.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">