• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arizona tax lien property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

canda65

I have purchased 4 CP's on a parcel and am preparing to go to superior court for Judicial Foreclosure of Right to Redeem. I plan to represent myself and have followed the procedure in ars 42-451. My question is do I need to have a title search preformed to take to court? The revised statute does not say that It is required. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

HomeGuru

canda65 said:
I have purchased 4 CP's on a parcel and am preparing to go to superior court for Judicial Foreclosure of Right to Redeem. I plan to represent myself and have followed the procedure in ars 42-451. My question is do I need to have a title search preformed to take to court? The revised statute does not say that It is required. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
My response: please clarify exactly what you are trying to do.

C

canda65

In arizona at anytime after the expiration of 3 years from the sale of a tax lien, the purchaser may bring an action in superior court in the county in which the real property is located to foreclose the right to redeem. I am trying to get get deed to this property and I already have 4 years of certificate of purchase slips on the property. According to the statute I have to notify the property owner by certified mail that I intend to proceed to court on this matter. It does not state in the statute if I must have a title search done on the property before court. I have done a search with the county recorders office and there are no liens registered on this property except tax liens. (which I hold all of them). I have asked the Accessor for a certified copy stating this but she will not give me one. I needed to know if it would be a good idea to have a title search done for the court proceedings. I did not know if this was required in the state of Arizona.

HomeGuru

You do need a copy of the title report among other things. If you do not know what you need to do or what evidence you need, then you are not in a position to represent yourself in Court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">