• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

articles of deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SHOFNER

my father entered into articles of agreement for deed 7-31-91 with another gentleman on a property located in south carolina .the gentleman agreed to convey the property to my father upon payment in full of the purchase price listed on the agreement. my father paid 600 per month per the agreement until the gentleman passed away june 1994 my father passed away sept 1997. i did not know anything about this property my father had no will or probate. know i have received a letter from an attorney requesting me to sign a quick claim to the gentlemans family -that the article of agreement between my father and their father is placing a cloud on the title to the gentlemans property preventing their family from selling it. they are threatening legal action against me if i do not sign it. I beleive my father paid monthly until the gentleman died but did not pay anything after he passed away and i believe that the family took possession of the property in 1994 but that they were unaware of the article of agreement for deed. do i have any legal rights to the monies my father paid during the 2 year period and am i required to sign this quick claim ? what legal rights do i have in this situation ?

HomeGuru

DO NOT sign anything.
Contact an attorney and have him/her review the contract and the accounting.
The estate may be entitled to this property upon satisfaction of the contract.

S

SHOFNER

thank you, would it be better if i contacted an attorney in south carolina or an attorney in my state of residence which is california ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">