• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Association Troubles II

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jontaylor_us

Thank you for the info, HomeGuru. Now, there is nothing we (myself or my mother-in-law) can do besides obeying every order from the HOA? By law, are we required to be a member? Thanks again for the help...

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jontaylor_us:
Thank you for the info, HomeGuru. Now, there is nothing we (myself or my mother-in-law) can do besides obeying every order from the HOA? By law, are we required to be a member? Thanks again for the help...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read all the HOA legal documents. You have no interest in the HOA but your MIL as owner is a member. You as a tenant must obey all HOA regulations until such time as HOA changes the regulations. If your MIL is not on the Board or has not attended any HOA meetings then she is just a passive HOA member.
Think of the HOA as a government within a government.
By the virtue of ownership, your MIL is a HOA member. The only way for her to not be a member would be to sell the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">