• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Association Woes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

delogi

3 violation letters in 8 months. The policy or rules called out in the citations are not exact matches for the violation (in other words, weak cases). 2 of the violations were caused by the previous owner, and I have owned it for almost 2 years now. Am I getting harrassed? What is my recourse in Orange County, CA?

[This message has been edited by delogi (edited August 14, 2000).]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by delogi:
3 violation letters in 8 months. The policy or rules called out in the citations are not exact matches for the violation (in other words, weak cases). 2 of the violations were caused by the previous owner, and I have owned it for almost 2 years now. Am I getting harrassed? What is my recourse in Orange County, CA?

[This message has been edited by delogi (edited August 14, 2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are the violations for and is there any cite of Association House Rules or By-Laws. When you bought the property how come there was no violation check with the Association as the 2 old ones you refer to should have been resolved by the previous owner prior to your purchase.

D

delogi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
What are the violations for and is there any cite of Association House Rules or By-Laws.

delogi&gt;&gt; 1st one - for violating "Unsightly Items" rule - wires for Malibu lights. Instructed to remove lights. Reminded them at board hearing that previous owner had installed them, and asked to tack up wires. This was approved.

2nd one - I put up a shade canopy. Got cited for "Unsightly Item" rule again. I wrote back citing other rules and from the original CCRs saying that patio furniture was allowed. They re-cited me using the rule I cited, with instructions to remove it. An accompanying letter explained that I could obtain approval for a permanent canopy that matched the condo's colors.

3rd one- less than a month after the shade canopy - again citing the rule I cited. (Actually, unsightly items may have been more appropriate.) The violation is a plant hanging setup done by the previous owner with brackets and chains. Instructions are to remove the setup. In 10 days.

When you bought the property how come there was no violation check with the Association as the 2 old ones you refer to should have been resolved by the previous owner prior to your purchase.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

delogi&gt;&gt; I will have to re-examine the CC&Rs for a violation check at the transfer - or is this state law? But apparently none was done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">