• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attorney review

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

njguy

I need help....is the 7 day attorney review period affected, ie-restarted...by the seller making ANY change to the contract no matter how insignificant? Specifically, I signed a contract for sale on a Saturday...five days later the seller (a Corporation) made a change to the type of roofing, on day 9 (Monday) I requested release from the contract, seller declined. On day 15, The seller returned copies of the fully executed contract that contained a change to roofing (minor) that I was not aware of. Does this change on day 5 or review restart the clock on my 7 day review?
Any help is appreciated

HomeGuru

I hope you are not planning to wait until day 8 to have your attorney review the contract.
Your attorney will tell you that any unilateral change to the contract makes the contract a counter-offer that you are not obligated to accept.
Your post did not state whether or not you had an attorney review your contract. You have other problems that you are not posting so get with your attorney soon.

N

njguy

thanks...I was out of the country on day 7..day 8 was a Sunday...that's why it went to day 9....I only found the change in roof on the executed copy sent to me dated day 13 and received on day 16

HomeGuru

OK, have your attorney review your contract.
I would guess that due to the change, the contract is void.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">