• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Avoiding Foreclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

curlyq's mom

What is the name of your state? Illinois -
The past year has been a real struggle but I've been able to feed all the snarling money wolves and keep my fingers intact. My mortgage banker has been cooperative when I late pay because I always catch up. However, they are getting tired of this and have said this will go to their attorneys (I will be 60 days past due 2nd time in 12 mos. but will catch up by e/o month). I do not want to lose my house. I've been turned down for refinancing and am unable to file for Ch. 13. As long as I keep paying, how do I deal with a demand letter (if they send one)? Can they start foreclosure proceedings? How would I get out of foreclosure?

HomeGuru

curlyq's mom said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois -
The past year has been a real struggle but I've been able to feed all the snarling money wolves and keep my fingers intact. My mortgage banker has been cooperative when I late pay because I always catch up. However, they are getting tired of this and have said this will go to their attorneys (I will be 60 days past due 2nd time in 12 mos. but will catch up by e/o month). I do not want to lose my house. I've been turned down for refinancing and am unable to file for Ch. 13. As long as I keep paying, how do I deal with a demand letter (if they send one)?

**A: pay the amount demanded for.
Can they start foreclosure proceedings?

**A: yes, even when your payment is 31 days past due.

How would I get out of foreclosure?
**A: pay the amount to bring your mortgage account current.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">