• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad perk test

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

d-rock

What is the name of your state? Tennessee --------------------------------- This question has probably been answered many times. I bought a lot in a residential subdivision where each lot requires a private septic system. To make a long story short, the perk test failed, and my county does not approve any alternate septic systems. Is the developer that sold me this property required to refund my money, or am i stuck with a worthless piece of land? He has offered to do a swap for a good lot, but I am not really interested in any other lot. He does, however, refuse to refund my money.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

d-rock said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee --------------------------------- This question has probably been answered many times. I bought a lot in a residential subdivision where each lot requires a private septic system. To make a long story short, the perk test failed, and my county does not approve any alternate septic systems. Is the developer that sold me this property required to refund my money, or am i stuck with a worthless piece of land? He has offered to do a swap for a good lot, but I am not really interested in any other lot. He does, however, refuse to refund my money.

**A: then why the heck did you not make your contract to purchase subject to a positive perk test and approval for installation of a septic system?

D

d-rock

I guess the key phrase here is "live and learn". Believe me, in the future, I will definitely include that clause in the contract. To answer your question, there were other homeowners in the immediate area that had no trouble obtaining a satisfactory perk test and I didn't think I would have a problem. I know that sounds a bit naive and it probably is. I just hope my lapse in judgement, for lack of a better name for it, can be rectified.....in my favor, of course.

HomeGuru

d-rock said:
I guess the key phrase here is "live and learn". Believe me, in the future, I will definitely include that clause in the contract. To answer your question, there were other homeowners in the immediate area that had no trouble obtaining a satisfactory perk test and I didn't think I would have a problem. I know that sounds a bit naive and it probably is. I just hope my lapse in judgement, for lack of a better name for it, can be rectified.....in my favor, of course.
**A: thanks d-rock,

signed u-rock

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">