• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bankruptcy with Attachments on House

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rcarpadakis

I am a current resident of the State of Arizona.

I moved here last year from Arkansas. I have 4 rental houses out in Arkansas with very little equity, if any, in them.

I am in the process of obtaining a title search on one of the houses to see if there are any liens or attachments on my houses.

I was sued by a complete idiot out there and my attorney stopped representing me because I didn't have an additional $3,000 to continue paying him.

If a judgement was one, which I am not even sure of, and attachments were put on my houses, will bankruptcy allow me to wipe out this judgement AND take the bankruptcy discharge to the title company to have the attachments removed?

If I file bankruptcy, I have been told that because of very little equity in the houses, as long as the payments are current on them, the bankruptcy court will not force a sale because no money would be gained on the sale.

However, I do not want to lose these four houses anyway but want to be able to sell them someday and not put a ton of time and effort and money into houses if I have attachments on them from a judgement.

Can bankruptcy solve my problem and remove the judgement AND attachments or is my only possible outcome to let all 4 houses foreclose and all 4 tenants be evicted?

FlyingRon

Bankruptcy won't force the properties sold perhaps, but it's not going to wipe out the liens, cerntainly not on investment property and perhaps not even on your personal residence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">