• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Barking Dog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nulltone

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone who replies to this thread and the creators of this forum.

I am currently in the process of selling my home. The escrow closes on the 1st of February. I have already moved most of my belongings and I have received a deposit from the buyer. All the escrow papers have been signed and completed.

The buyers of the house visited the home today for a final inspection. They also had someone appraise the house, and check for any problems. There were no problems and the appraisal went perfectly fine. There was one major problem, the dog (a very small, loud, and annoying dog) next door was barking during the entire walkthrough. It drove the buyer to insanity, and she had problems with a barking dog at her old house. She loves the house, but claims she is having second thoughts.

We had a brief conversation with the neighbors regarding the dog. They were quite hostile and claimed that it was their right to have a dog. We just asked them if they had noticed increased barking, and that it was a problem.

What complaints can be filed? What legal action can be taken?

State: California
City: Newport Beach
County: Orange County

- Frazier C

Edit: Just to make one thing clear, this is lowering the value of my property...It is also a public annoyance to anyone near the house.
Thank you

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Complaints and legal action about what? The barking dog or the Buyer having second thoughts?
By the way, did you disclose this barking dog on your TDS?

S

saddleup

HG is a bit short natured. There is a noise abatement law in Newport Beach. Call animal control, call the local police. Keep in mind the authorities must witness the violation!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">