• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Behavior of a lawyer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Peter Dino

Pennsylvania is the state. We sent our lawyer a $1500.00 at his request. $3000.00 was later sent to him to settle the case out of court. That was over 8 months ago. Up unitl about 5 weeks ago we hadn't heard from him. I called him 5 times, sent him 2 faxes, emailed him and then he finally took my call. He told me he's been very bust. I asked him to send us some kind of letter telling us the case was settled out of court so we can put closure to this and he said he would try to send it next week. Well, that was 5 weeks ago and still haven't heard from him.
Is this proper behavior for an attorney? And shouldn't he send us an itemized accounting of how the $1500.00 was spent?
Thanks, Peter

HomeGuru

Yes and yes. Also ask for copies of Court stamped docs verifying a dismissal of the case. Your request should be in writing, copy to the State law licensing office and sent certified rrr mail.

P

Peter Dino

Behavior of lawyer

Home Guru: Thanks for your quick reply.
You said Yes and Yes. Is your first Yes the answer to "Is this proper hebavior for an attorney"? Explain. Also when I write to my attorney asking for docs verifying the dismissal of the case, are you saying I should also send a copy of that letter to the state law licensing office too? Both certified rrr?
Thanks, Peter

HomeGuru

Re: Behavior of lawyer

Peter Dino said:
Home Guru: Thanks for your quick reply.
You said Yes and Yes. Is your first Yes the answer to "Is this proper hebavior for an attorney"? Explain.

**A: sorry. I meant to say was, yes that is proper behavior for an attorney like yours. It is not proper behavior for an attorney in general.

Also when I write to my attorney asking for docs verifying the dismissal of the case, are you saying I should also send a copy of that letter to the state law licensing office too? Both certified rrr?
Thanks, Peter
**A: yes. That may light a fire under his/her butt.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">