• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being evicted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gangiskn

This could be quite a complicated situation.Any advice would be appreciated. I have a mobile home sitting on my motherinlaws land. We had an oral agreement that I could stay here with my son until she sold the place. The other morning she was mad and knocked on my door and told me I had a month to move out. The only thing I can figure is that I let a friend from London stay with me for a week and she was upset over that. Does she need to send me an eviction notice, can I fight her on this? I am trying to find a place to rent, but this is a small town and there's nothing in my price range in a 2 bedroom house. I have a few animals too, which makes it harder to find a place. I have not been given much time to try to sell my mobile home and will have to vacate it and leave it on her property. I'm in a bind and need to know if there's anything I can do to keep my home until something appropriate comes along for my son and I. Any advice?

P

peter

Yeah she probably will have to give it to you in writing, but your mother-in-law is an assssssssss......

Is it your home? then move it. or hers? then just move...

HEY better idea if is her grandson.file for welfare, that should get the town talking about what a low life she is...

This is called "Life Skills Class"

NEVER NEVER NEVER rent a place without a written lease or agreement...even if its family....she could be a drunk or drug usuer, and got ticked off..with a lease you could have her ARRESTED!

P

peter

OK you own the trailer, you could move it what in a couple of days..to a new park...

T

Tracey

Ignore her until she gives you proper written notice. I hope you're paying her rent. If you're living there free & clear, you might not be a tenant, and would have to leave when she said so.

Here's a novel thought -- why not talk to her & ask why she's upset. Then apologize for whatever you did that ticked her off.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">