• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being legally blackmailed by Condo Board

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maioned

I am in desperate need of help. I own a condo in Westchester Co., NY. I have fallen behind in my common charges in the past but have always paid up along with legal fees. My problem is this everytime I pay what they say I owe a couple of months go by and I'm hit with another legal fee in the tune of $1,000.00. When I question what this is for I get another letter from the lawyer and the amount goes up another $300.00, if I question again or ask for a meeting to discuss these charges again I get another letter from the lawyer and the charge goes up another $300.00. on numerous occasions when they did send me a statement there is always a mistake on it, once they sent me a statement for another unit and said I owed $1,800.00 when I didn't, after clearing up this mix up I was expected to pay those legal fees also and did. Needless to say this is causing alot of problems at home between me and my husband. They have a lien on my condo and although my common charges are current for a year my account still shows a balance of $1,660.00. I can not get them to stop. I do not live in this condo and they have been going after my tenants now. I don't know where to turn I have contacted the Attorney General's Office, the District Attorney and feeling desperate now since I can see no end to this. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. Is it true that a Board has to answer to no one and can charge and do whatever they want:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">