• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Best Book to Buy For Rental Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tex Revere

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

We want to start an LLC for a home we want to rent out. A couple of questions we need to ask.

One, what is a good book to buy to get acquainted with this process ?

A second question is that the home was purchased by my wife and it was completely paid off by her prior to our marriage. Therefore, we have no mortgage that can be deducted from our rental income and I was curious if the value of her purchase could be paid back to her as a deductible expense since it is a property that has basically been given to the LLC. Don't want to do anything illegal but would like to get every deduction we can. Thanks for the help.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

We want to start an LLC for a home we want to rent out. A couple of questions we need to ask.

One, what is a good book to buy to get acquainted with this process ?

A second question is that the home was purchased by my wife and it was completely paid off by her prior to our marriage. Therefore, we have no mortgage that can be deducted from our rental income and I was curious if the value of her purchase could be paid back to her as a deductible expense since it is a property that has basically been given to the LLC. Don't want to do anything illegal but would like to get every deduction we can. Thanks for the help.
Hire a good CPA. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">