• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bondsman put lein on our land

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eneedham

Hello,
I am from Arkansas so if anyone is familiar with the laws here I could use some help. We bought 1 acre of land last February. In March we recieved a call from the bank that the guy we bought it from put it up for bond and the bondsman has a lein on it. The guy we talked to said he didn't do it and would talk to the bondsman and settle it. Well, last month the bank called again saying that there is still a lein on it. We called the bondsman who finally cleared our land. The guy we bought the land from swears he didn't put the land up for bond. Is there any legal action we can take against the bondsman if in fact the seller did not put it up for bond. After all, we had a lein on our land for almost a year and the only way we found out about it is because our bank does frequent title checks. Sorry its so long, but I wanted to get all the details in.

Thanks,
Erica

E

eneedham

Why do you say that? Is there something we should do?

Thanks,
Erica

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">