• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bonuses to Selling Agents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Karen518

I am a licensed Real Estate Agent. The property of which I intend to sell has a 2.5% commission due to the selling agent (me) plus a $1,000 Bonus to the Selling Agent (me).

I work for the same Company that has the listing agreement.

My broker has informed me that because the listing was only taken at 2.5% for listing side and 2.5% for selling side that I must forego part of the $1,000 bonus so that the Company makes 3%.

The listing agent had permission to list this property at 5%. Doesn't seem logical to me that I should forego my bonus.

Are there any laws to protect me?

HomeGuru

That is a lot of BS. You are in essence being penalized because you work for the same firm as a dual agent. If you were an outside agent, I bet the company would pay the bonus.
The house is trying to rip you off. Where is the written agreement to pay the bonus?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">