• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bought house for sale by owner and need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LADY265

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? PA

I am purchasing a home for sale by owner. we moved in aug, 2004. Owner holds the mortgage, and I have records, and agreement. Does she have the right to tell me when to cut my grass, or that I can't have a (temporary med size) swimming pool. And basically what I can and can't do. She is trying to push me into getting a mortgage from a mortage company to pay her off. So she is saying things to me , to make me get sick of her. I know this is her plan. She lied to a loan company and didn't tell them that the home was being sold, she said it was a rental property. She cashed out on it. The mortage I have with her is a 15 year mortgage with no interest. $600 a month and $200 of it goes towards the taxes, $400 come off the principal price of $57, 000. Our agreement does not state any rules that I have to follow. I never rented this house. I moved in to buy it. So she wants me to cut my grass every 2 days, and not get a pool. She says it will be her responsiblity if someone gets hurt. I'm tempted to get a mortgage with a loan co. but I know it will cost more in the long run. I would appreciate any suggestions. I'm really getting sick of her :confused:

John Se

have you closed this deal?

are you in reciept of the deed, IE is you name on the title? If it is then tell her to quit bothering you. If not then it sounds like she could still pull the plug. when she sells get the mortgage servicing done by some company like noteworld or a local title company and she can never bother you again unless she wants to foreclose. and you are in default.

nextwife

There is MORE to ownership than a deed.

Did you get title insurance, so that you actually know if you have GOOD title? Was her mortgage paid off - or is it still against the property? Did the mortgage have a due on transfer clause? If the mortgage is still there, how are YOU assured she is current? Did you have an attorney look out for your interests when you bought?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">