• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boundaries and Fences

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dzy7rq

I have allowed my neighbor to use part of my land and have a written agreement for its use. He pays nothing, it is a friendly arrangement. He has built a fence and is has animals grazing in the section he has fenced off. Under Indiana law, could he ever claim title or deed to this portion of my land as a result of long term continued use and the fact that I have allowed him to fence in a portion of this land?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dzy7rq:
I have allowed my neighbor to use part of my land and have a written agreement for its use. He pays nothing, it is a friendly arrangement. He has built a fence and is has animals grazing in the section he has fenced off. Under Indiana law, could he ever claim title or deed to this portion of my land as a result of long term continued use and the fact that I have allowed him to fence in a portion of this land?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No because you gave him permission and allowed him to do this. You are protected from him taking the land and from the grazing animals. For more info search this BB using keywords adverse possession.

D

dzy7rq

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HomeGuru:
No because you gave him permission and allowed him to do this. You are protected from him taking the land and from the grazing animals. For more info search this BB using keywords adverse possession.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thank you for the reply. What are the rules of adverse possession in Indiana?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">