• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BOUNDARY DISPUTE MASSACHUSETTS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

YOGI

My new neighbors recently had their land surveyed.. Now they are claiming that part of our fence and shed are on their property.
And they want it removed.
There has been numerous surveyings over the years with no problems until now.
The boundary marker is missing on that side of the yard.
We plan to have our property surveyed, The fence has been there for 33 years.
What other options do we have..

Thank you for your time
YOGI

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YOGI:
My new neighbors recently had their land surveyed.. Now they are claiming that part of our fence and shed are on their property.
And they want it removed.
There has been numerous surveyings over the years with no problems until now.
The boundary marker is missing on that side of the yard.
We plan to have our property surveyed, The fence has been there for 33 years.
What other options do we have..

Thank you for your time
YOGI
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are doing the right thing by having your propery surveyed. The problem may be due to human error or just due to the limitations of the surveying equipment years ago. The older equipment has proven to be no match compared with the lazer technology of today. Maybe at those times that your property was surveyed, the surveyor did the best job possible with the best equipment at the time. I am not sure if the missing boundary marker is critical or not but most likely a new one can be placed and the existing stakes reverified. The benchmark should not come from the subject property but from another source.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">