• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boundary Line dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jackie Gross

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Approx. 6 years ago we purchased a home (non-relative) with a fenced in back yard. There are survey stakes in the front of the house showing property line to be lined up with front of fence. Fence was installed over 26 years ago. The construction survey crew said the stakes are wrong.

Now the problem, vacant lot next to us was purchased and they want to build a home, without this 6 ft. I don't think they can build a home as the lot would not be big enough. Construction survey shows my fence is approx. 6 ft. on this lot, and fence should be over 6 ft. on the other side towards my neighbors, and his property line should be 6 ft. over. These three homes are the only ones affected by this dispute. Do I have a legal right to the property within the fence?

Thank you for your help.

Jackie

HomeGuru

Jackie Gross said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Approx. 6 years ago we purchased a home (non-relative) with a fenced in back yard. There are survey stakes in the front of the house showing property line to be lined up with front of fence. Fence was installed over 26 years ago. The construction survey crew said the stakes are wrong.

Now the problem, vacant lot next to us was purchased and they want to build a home, without this 6 ft. I don't think they can build a home as the lot would not be big enough. Construction survey shows my fence is approx. 6 ft. on this lot, and fence should be over 6 ft. on the other side towards my neighbors, and his property line should be 6 ft. over. These three homes are the only ones affected by this dispute. Do I have a legal right to the property within the fence?

Thank you for your help.

Jackie
**A: you need a current survey of your property to determine the legal property boundaries. You should have had a survey done when you bought the property 6 years ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">