• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lmorris64

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi,

I have a quick question, I met with a broker who asked me to work for him. I accepted his offer according to what was agreed, including paying for my real estate school as long as I made a committment to work for him. I am presently in the middle of the real estate course. I have seen many insecurities that seem to be very unprofessional, including his disapproval of me investing in properties for my future, as well as me having a Louisiana cell phone number. Today I just received a notice by email that he is terminating my assocation with his real estate firm and would like reimbursement for school. He is a new company and has only myself and one other person that he has asked to come on board. I have signed nothing. Truly, this is weight off my shoulders.

Am I obligated to pay him back for the school being that nothing was signed and he terminated me? If so, why? He is requesting reimbursement by February 28th.

HomeGuru

lmorris64 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi,

I have a quick question, I met with a broker who asked me to work for him. I accepted his offer according to what was agreed, including paying for my real estate school as long as I made a committment to work for him. I am presently in the middle of the real estate course. I have seen many insecurities that seem to be very unprofessional, including his disapproval of me investing in properties for my future, as well as me having a Louisiana cell phone number. Today I just received a notice by email that he is terminating my assocation with his real estate firm and would like reimbursement for school. He is a new company and has only myself and one other person that he has asked to come on board. I have signed nothing. Truly, this is weight off my shoulders.

Am I obligated to pay him back for the school being that nothing was signed and he terminated me? If so, why? He is requesting reimbursement by February 28th.
**A: yes.......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">