• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brought to case on same zoning ordinance multiple times

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

barron

Over the past 15 years I have been in court at least 40 times over the same storage ordinance (parking in rv in my driveway). Judges have ruled at least 3 times in my favor and allowed me to keep my rv in my driveway (I have won each time in court), but each time this happens, the township where I live waits a little while, changes a word or a comma in their ordinance and then brings me to court again saying that because they've changed the ordinance they can prosecute again. What happened to precedence? What about the rulings of the previous judges? When I question this I'm told those previous ruling don't matter and that it's legal for them to do this. Once again they've brought a case against me - despite the rulings of these past judges. Is there a way to get this out of the local courts and have a federal judge review this harassment? I don't understand why these new judges allow it (Ps...conveniently after 20 visits to the court room and hundreds of papers on file from the first time I was brought to court - all of this documentation disappeared - there was 1 paper left in the file). Thank you.

HomeGuru

barron said:
Over the past 15 years I have been in court at least 40 times over the same storage ordinance (parking in rv in my driveway). Judges have ruled at least 3 times in my favor and allowed me to keep my rv in my driveway (I have won each time in court), but each time this happens, the township where I live waits a little while, changes a word or a comma in their ordinance and then brings me to court again saying that because they've changed the ordinance they can prosecute again. What happened to precedence? What about the rulings of the previous judges? When I question this I'm told those previous ruling don't matter and that it's legal for them to do this. Once again they've brought a case against me - despite the rulings of these past judges. Is there a way to get this out of the local courts and have a federal judge review this harassment? I don't understand why these new judges allow it (Ps...conveniently after 20 visits to the court room and hundreds of papers on file from the first time I was brought to court - all of this documentation disappeared - there was 1 paper left in the file). Thank you.
**A: you've in in court 40 times or 20? Do you have an attorney?If not, you should hire one.

B

barron

I'm not opposed to hiring a lawyer...but at this point we're not just talking about a zoning ordinance. We're talking about harassment and constitutional rights. My civil liberties are being violated. If a judge or a lawyer who understands these things better than I do can explain why previous rulings by judges don't set a precedence or mean anything I'd be interested to hear their opinion. Why can a comma or a period be changed in a zoning ordinance for the sole purpose of bringing in past cases to be retried? It's definitely unethical but is it legal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">