• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

buying land/home pkg deal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cdobbs

I am trying to buy a mobile home and land.
I started this back in May. I put a contract on the land on the 12th of June and was suppose to close by 12 July the mobile home
company asked for a 90 day extension in which the property owner agreed.I got a call from the mobile home co.to come in for a meeting.durying the meeting they in formed me that they had sold the mobile home I origanaly chose so they said they had another home for us .Ilooked at the floor plans and agreed to that home.well so far I have already sighned the paper work and now have a mechanics lien on the property.I was told buy the title company this had to happen so the mobile home co. can put the home on the property.Ialso had to get the insurance for both the land and home.Now the broker said that they need a gift letter fo an undisclosed amount.I was told by the mobile home dealer thatthey would take care of that.Which has not happened yet.In the meen time the mobile home dealer asked me to come in for another meeting,during the meeting they told me that the lender would not finance the home I origanaly submitted the loan for that i had to pick out another home.I did this,I called the broker and talked to them and they said they had no knowledge of the change in the loan amount.
I have a considerable amount of money invested in the down payment in which was only supposed to be in the amount of $1000.00
My question is what recource do i have at this time.

------------------
charles s. dobbs

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cdobbs:
I am trying to buy a mobile home and land.
I started this back in May. I put a contract on the land on the 12th of June and was suppose to close by 12 July the mobile home
company asked for a 90 day extension in which the property owner agreed.I got a call from the mobile home co.to come in for a meeting.durying the meeting they in formed me that they had sold the mobile home I origanaly chose so they said they had another home for us .Ilooked at the floor plans and agreed to that home.well so far I have already sighned the paper work and now have a mechanics lien on the property.I was told buy the title company this had to happen so the mobile home co. can put the home on the property.Ialso had to get the insurance for both the land and home.Now the broker said that they need a gift letter fo an undisclosed amount.I was told by the mobile home dealer thatthey would take care of that.Which has not happened yet.In the meen time the mobile home dealer asked me to come in for another meeting,during the meeting they told me that the lender would not finance the home I origanaly submitted the loan for that i had to pick out another home.I did this,I called the broker and talked to them and they said they had no knowledge of the change in the loan amount.
I have a considerable amount of money invested in the down payment in which was only supposed to be in the amount of $1000.00
My question is what recource do i have at this time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cancel the contract, get your money back and deal with another company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">