• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California Grant Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

munsonDavid

What is the name of your state? California

On a Grand Deed, when my mother's estate was completed, the property was in my name as a married man. I now want to transfet title to the name of my Trust Account with my wife. On the current Deed, is states the following:
This is a bonafide gift and the grantor received nothing in return, R & T 11911.

What does "R & T 11911" mean and do I use the same on the new transfer to my Trust?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

David Munson

seniorjudge

Q: What does "R & T 11911" mean and do I use the same on the new transfer to my Trust?

A: That is a cite to the revenue and taxation code. You need to speak to a real estate attorney in your state who can tell you the effects of an interspousal conveyance.

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state? California

On a Grand Deed, when my mother's estate was completed, the property was in my name as a married man. I now want to transfet title to the name of my Trust Account with my wife. On the current Deed, is states the following:
This is a bonafide gift and the grantor received nothing in return, R & T 11911.

What does "R & T 11911" mean and do I use the same on the new transfer to my Trust?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

David Munson
R&T 11911 in this context means that the transfer is not subject to any local conveyance taxes. Yes, you would use this on your transfer to the trust as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">